Random thoughts during Lockdown 2020

Its more than a week since Lock-down 02. 
People are finding ways to occupy their mind during the free time they have. Mind you, it seems easier said than done.

The artistically inclined are shedding their inhibition and coming up with genuine art.  
Some are watching their long list of movies - to watch, which they had prepared long back and promised to enjoy the same on weekends.
Some are indulging in creating short cut recipes.
Some are involving themselves with their kids’ various activities, be it their online studies, art, writing, painting, playing games, watching movies together etc.
Some are reading books long left half read.
Some are meditating.
Some are into soul-searching.
Some are still trying to come to terms with the Lock-down.

The list of activities is long and never–ending. Guess I will require to create a separate post for it.

Though today’s post is dedicated to the random activities which the writer was involved in during the last few days of this ongoing Lock-down.

I am sharing below a few pictures about the same.

The first set is about the short - cut cake I baked for my mom’s birthday. The cake was cooked in a normal vessel, not in an oven and required very few ingredients, no eggs, no all purpose flour…..






The second set of pics is about Zentangles. 

It was a concept I discovered on the internet while surfing for information on doodles.
What I have created may not be strictly called Zentangle patterns but I hope to create authentic ones very soon.

Creating these patterns have truly helped me to steady my mind during this Lock-down and I think I have found a new outlet for whatever little creativity I do seem to have within me.
Below given are my first few and very casually done Zentangles. 
Hope to create better and more serious stuff in the near future. 






I have displayed the same  set of patterns twice with two different borders. Check how the patterns look with different colors borders around them.








The third set of pics is about colors and patterns I observed within my home, one sunny afternoon when the setting sun was streaming in through my living room window. 




Random patterns  formed by light and shadow and the varied designs of the furnishings, upholstery and window jali! 

One observed that all patterns had a common color scheme, but look at what DESIGNS are created when these COLORS are filled in different patterns!!.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The path

Compulsive Creations